Help with a Federal Agency

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

To receive assistance from our office, you must first fill out and return a Privacy Release Form. 

FOR IMMIGRATION AND/OR CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT (ICE) CASES: If you are requesting assistance from our office regarding an immigration issue, please click here to download a PDF version of the immigration-specific Privacy Release Form.

FOR ALL OTHER CASES: If you are requesting assistance from our office regarding a non-immigration issue, please click here to download a PDF version of the general Privacy Release Form. 

After completing and signing the appropriate form, you can either 1) print and mail it to the District Office at 51 Monroe St, Suite 503, Rockville, MD 20850 or 2) email the signed form to

Please Note: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request. Please make sure you print and sign the form before mailing it or emailing it to our office.